Autumn is actually a great season for riding. It’s not too hot or too cold. I didn’t realise how much I like this season until Blogtober. So here are my favourite things about autumn…
1) Hacking – I love hacking and it is even better in Autumn because everywhere looks particularly beautiful because of the crunchy orangey brown leaves!
2) Cosy fires – it’s not freezing in autumn but I always looked forward to getting my fire going. It’s so cosy sitting watching TV in front of the fire.
3) Rugby – my hubby is a rugby fan so I’ve become one too. I really like going to watch the rugby in autumn before it gets too cold. Toulouse is a big rugby city so we really enjoy going to watch Toulouse play.
4) Horses coming in – Even though it meant more mucking out, when I owned my own horses I used to love when they were clipped & came in for winter. Stanley my thoroughbred used to come in on 1st September before the other horses as he was a bit delicate. There’s something about putting down their beds and making their stables all cosy for them!
5) Clipping – I love getting my horses clipped. They always look so smart. I just love the feel of a newly clipped pony!
6) Halloween – as you get to know me you’ll know I love any excuse for a party and Halloween is no exception! I love getting dressed up, the trick or treating, the pumpkins and of course the punch!
What are your favourite things about autumn?
Be sure to follow induehorse on Facebook & @induehorse on instagram.
To check out more amazing equestrian blogs also participating in the Blogtober blog hop go to https://www.timidrider.com/blog/equestrian-blog-hop/